Vegan French Toast? What? How do you make french toast without eggs? Well, look no further. Here is an awesome recipe from one of my favorite vegan bloggers, noracooks.com.
Serves 3-4 people
- 1 cup almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6-8 slices thick sliced quality bread, such as ciabatta or french
- For serving: maple syrup, powdered sugar, or fresh fruit
- In a shallow bowl, wide enough to hold a piece of bread, whisk together the almond milk, cornstarch, ground flaxseeds, baking powder, cinnamon, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add a little bit of vegetable spray to a pan set on medium high heat. Whisk the batter again right before dipping bread, as the cornstarch will settle to the bottom of the bowl.
- Dip each side of the bread in the batter and let soak for about 10 seconds, then add the bread to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup, powdered sugar and fresh fruit, if desired.
- Enjoy 🙂