This recipe is a deliciously creamy. and my son said that it was a TEN!! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! And please, if you make a recipe on my blog, please, tag @itsapegslife in your pic on Instagram or Facebook!
Vegan Broccoli Pasta
- 12 oz pasta (whatever kind you would like)
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 1/2 teaspoons white miso paste
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Trader Joe’s sun dried tomatoes (add to your liking)
- 3 cups broccoli
- 12 oz. button mushrooms (optional)
- salt to taste
- black pepper
- red pepper flakes (optional)
Cook the pasta according to the instructions. Set aside.
In the meantime, make the creamy cashew sauce. Place cashews (see tip for cashews below), garlic cloves, nutritional yeast, miso paste, salt, Dijon mustard and almond milk in a high speed blender and process until smooth. Add Vegetable broth, corn starch, lemon juice and sun dried tomatoes.
Cut broccoli into small florets and slice mushrooms, cook in a bit of vegetable broth in a large pan about 10 min.
Add cashew sauce to the sauted broccoli and mushroom mix.
Cook about 10 minutes to thicken.
Stir in the cooked pasta or serve sauce on the top of pasta. Season with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes. Enjoy!