If you are looking for an amazing breakfast, look no further. This is one of my creations that is so full of flavor and whole food plant-based goodness that it will knock your socks off. It definitely scored a 5/5 with my family. Enjoy.
This is such a delicious breakfast. Full of flavor and protein and simple goodness.
Main Ingredient: Tofu Eggs
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 30 min
- For the Tofu Eggs:
- 1 16 ounce extra firm tofu (must be EXTRA FIRM)
- 2 1/2 T. Nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tea. Tumeric
- 1 tea. Garlic powder
- 1/2 tea. Onion powder
- 2 tea. Soy Sauce
- 2 T. Unsweetened non-dairy milk
- Black salt to taste–A must!!!!
- Salt and Pepper
- Remaining Ingredients:
- 2 large sweet potatoes Optional (Cooked 4-5 minutes in the microwave)
- 1 can refried beans black beans, or pinto beans, warmed (We like both refried beans (no oil) and pinto beans)
- Brown rice (I like the quick cook kind from Costco)
- 1 can sweet corn warmed
- Pico (I love Harmon’s jalepeno fresh salsa, if you live in Utah)
- Cashew Cream (homemade, recipe below)
- 1 avocado sliced in thin slices
- Corn Tortillas warmed on the griddle just before serving
- For the tofu:
- Crumble up the tofu with your fingers and put in frying pan. Turn heat to medium high and warm up tofu–about 7 minutes
- Mix nutritional yeast, turmeric, onion salt, garlic salt, black salt and regular salt and pepper together sprinkle on warmed tofu and mix into the tofu throughly.
- Mix soy sauce and unsweetened non-dairy milk together and pour on tofu mix. Continue heating for a few minutes and serve immediately.
- Prepare remaining ingredients as instructed.
- Serve order:
- corn tortilla
- beans — refried first and then pinto
- brown rice
- sweet potato
- tofu eggs
- (cashew cream would be yummy drizzled on this as well)
1 C. Cashews
1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
1/2 teaspoon Salt
Just enough water to cover the cashews. Blend in high speed blender until well blended. If you don’t have a high speed blender, boil the cashews for 20 minutes, drain off the water and proceed with recipe.