Last week I made a recipe that my sister-in-law, Tami, referred to me and it was delicious and quick. Love those kind of recipes after a busy day at work :). This is a recipe to keep in mind when you’re carb loading before your next big endurance run/ride :). Enjoy!
Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta (optional GF)
10-ingredient roasted red pepper pasta with a creamy, savory-sweet red pepper sauce and fresh parsley. Light, healthy, and simple, yet incredibly satisfying.
Course: Main Course
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 45 min
Total Time: 1 hr
- 2 red bell peppers (~119 g each)
- 2-3 Tbsp (30-45 ml) olive oil (I did not use oil — optional)
- 2 shallots finely chopped (~1/4 cup or 40 g)
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped (2 Tbsp or 12 g)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups (360 ml) Unsweetened Original Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp (6 g) nutritional yeast
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp (10 g) cornstarch or arrowroot powder, (or other thickener of choice)
- optional: Pinch red pepper flake (for heat)
- 12 ounces (340 g) gluten-free or non gluten free 🙂 linguini or spaghetti noodles, (or other noodle of choice)
- Vegan Parmesan (easy to make; google it 🙂
- Finely chopped fresh parsley or basil (optional)
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F (260 C) and roast red peppers on a baking sheet until charred – about 25-30 minutes. Cover in foil for 10 minutes to steam, then remove (peel away) charred skin, seeds and stems. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain, toss in a touch of olive oil, cover with a towel and set aside.
- While the red peppers are roasting, bring a large skillet over medium heat and sauté onion and garlic in 2-3 Tbsp olive oil until golden brown and soft – about 4-5 minutes. Season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper and stir. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Transfer sautéed shallot and garlic to blender with roasted peppers, almond milk, red pepper flake, nutritional yeast and cornstarch. Season with desired amount of salt, pepper, and red pepper flake.
- Blend until creamy and smooth, taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt and pepper or nutritional yeast for flavor. You want the flavor to be pretty robust and strong since the noodles don’t have much flavor – so be generous with your seasonings.
- Once blended, place sauce back in the skillet over medium heat to thicken. Once it reaches a simmer, reduce heat to low and continue simmering.
- Once sauce is thickened to desired consistency (see photo), add noodles. However, before tossing add a touch more olive oil (optional), salt and pepper to the un-tossed noodles for added flavor. Then, toss to coat.
- Serve with (generous amounts of) vegan parmesan, red pepper flake, and fresh chopped parsley or basil.
Amount Per Serving (4)
- Calories: 487
- Protein: 14g
- Sugar: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 75g
- Fat: 14g
- Sodium: 365mg
- Fiber: 10g
6 thoughts on “Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta”
This pasta looks amazing! I’ll have to give it a try!
Thanks so much! Let me know how it goes for you!
That looks really yummy, wish I was talented in the kitchen. Great post!
Oh but you can be :). You can be anything you want to be!! Thanks for the comment.❤️
Oh goodness, this just looks delectable !!!
Thanks for your comments sweetie!