My guest this week is an amazing yoga & crossfit instructor, cook, mom, wife, friend to my daughter, Bri …… and me :). Whenever I get to Portland to visit, I love it when Bri and I can have some Bonnie time in her yoga class. Seriously, the best! If you don’t follow her on Instagram @carrot_bowl_bonnie, you’re missing out because her posts are BOMB!! This pic was taken after an awesome yoga class. I have to admit, at first I was a bit star stuck with her because she really is so amazing. She is a beauty through and though.
Just a sample of Bonnie’s Instagram posts. Not only are her pics brilliant, but the captions are inspirational. We all love our daily carrot_bowl_bonnie :),,,,,, and those arms—so rrrrrrrrripped!! I can hardly wait to make this recipe she is sharing with us today! Vegan Cashew Cream Enchiladas!! Delish! Here’s Bonnie!
For fun, here’s a list of 10 random things about me:
- I have more than 100 plants in my house. They make me happy. I just made a living plant wall and love it!
- I grew up in Montana and the sound of meadowlark’s singing in the field always made me feel at home. At our current home, the sound of robins and bullfrogs have replaced that.
- One summer when we were camping, we went to the local grocery store and my parents told me I could get whatever I wanted as a treat. I found the biggest tomato I’d EVER seen…I chose that over anything else.
- A couple years ago, I thought I wanted to be a food blogger.
- I could never do the splits as a child but can now in my mid-30’s.
- My favorite drink right now is Kevita, a probiotic drink like Kombucha, but less vinegar flavor.
- When I met my husband, Tyler, in college I immediately wrote him off because I thought he was too short. Apparently he tried to talk to me after that more times than I can recall. Woops! But his persistence paid off and I realized that he WAS taller than me and I actually liked him.
- I always thought my mom was the coolest because she was always in the middle of the fun. She always knew what was going on and knew how to be 100% who she was regardless of what anyone else thought of her.
- I’ve always loved to write poetry. When I began posting my yoga practice on instagram, I didn’t know it would become a place to begin writing again. Practicing yoga + writing changes my life daily.
- I think it’s amazing that there are things we continually find out about ourselves. I didn’t know I’d love yoga. I started practicing about 3 years ago. I hope that everyone finds some movement practice that reminds them of how powerful they are.
FIND ME ONLINE:
Instagram: @carrot_bowl_bonnie (a name remnant of my food blogger days, although I mostly post yoga)
Website: bonnieweeks.com (videos, bio, contact, blog)
Okay, let’s eat! If there’s something that makes me do a happy dance, it’s the perfect combo of good flavors. I love these enchiladas and think you will too!